There are approximately 35 new albums coming out next week. Some of those albums were listed in last week’s Weekend Stream (namely by JJ and Sarah Jaffe). This week, we highlight nine albums that you might want to listen to:
- The self-titled album by Benjamin Booker, the 22-year old guitar master, is streaming on CBC Music and NPR. You don’t want to miss it.
- Imogen Heap is back after three years with the tantalizing Sparks. Hear it on CBC Music and NPR.
- Toronto songwriter, Bahamas is about to release Bahamas is Afie on Tuesday. Exclaim.ca has the album (go to the bottom of the page).
- Florida band Beach Day’s second LP, Native Echoes, is streaming on their YouTube channel.
- Lights Out is Brooklyn-based, indie-pop outfit, Bishop Allen‘s third LP. You might actually want to have the disco ball rolling as you stream the album on NPR.
- New Zealand native/Melbourne resident Kimbra‘s new album pushes the boundaries of how we listen to music. Judge for yourself on her latest effort, The Golden Echo.
- You may taken to another place as you listen to Orenda Fink‘s Blue Dream. NPR again has it.
- Celebration, the indie synth act from Baltimore, is finally back with Albumin. Hear it at their record label Bella Union or on Stereogum.
- Michael Cera surprisingly released his debut solo album, True That, which, like Cera, is charming folk music. The album is streaming on his Bandcamp site.
Follow The Revue On...
Share This Article On...