A more manageable number of albums this week. Most NPR, Pitchfork Advance, and NY Times Press Play streams are available to most listeners in the US, Canada, the UK, and abroad. CBC Music and Exclaim.ca is available to Canadian listeners. NME and The Guardian are for UK listeners.
- J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. fame will release Tied to a Star on Tuesday. It’s what you expect from the master guitarist and indie rock legend. Check it on NPR, Exclaim.ca, and NME.
- The great Ty Segall returns; this time with a solo album. Manipulatoris everything you would expect from the indie rocker and then some. NPR and CBC Music have it.
- With the full collective intact, The New Pornographers will release the highly anticipated Brill Bruisers. Hear it on CBC Music, iTunes Radio, and The Guardian.
- UK psych-rockers The Wytches will release their debut album, Annabel Dream Reader, next week, which could be one of the most talked about albums of the year. Go to NPR for the album.
- The entertaining duo of Cary Ann Hearst and Michael Trent – aka Shovels & Rope – are known for their lively take of Americana. Hear the stirring Swimmin’ Time on NPR and CBC Music.
- If you’re excited about the fourth LP by Merchandise, then you’re like us and indie music diehards. After the Endis sizzling indie rock reminiscent of our (Kevin’s and Ben’s anyway) college days. NPR and The Guardian are the places to hear the album.
Follow The Revue On...
Share This Article On...