Here’s the weekly Weekend Stream feature. While it lacks the star power of this week’s releases, which was put over the top with U2’s surprise drop of Songs of Innocence, there is no shortage of great songwriters this week.
- My Brightest Diamond, the project of singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Sharon Worden, takes us on a sonic journey with This is My Hand. Listen to it on NPR.
- Lia Ices‘ debut LP, Ices, carves its way into the crowded indie synth-pop scene. Judge for yourself if this is a star in the making, streaming the album on NPR.
- The NYC-based duo of John MacLean and Nancy Whang – aka The Juan MacLean – return with their third album, In a Dream, which surely will leave us in a trance-like state. NY Times is streaming it (scroll down a bit to find the album).
- Young Calgary-born, Toronto-based singer-songwriter, Lowell, will release her long-awaited debut album next week, We Loved Her Dearly. Hear the album on CBC Music.
- Who are Moon Hooch? Discover the NYC trio who make jazzy, infectious dance music. This is Cave Music will surely have you on your feet. Check it out on NPR.
Share This Article On...
Follow The Revue On...