A truly great EP is one that sounds like a full-length album, where during its brief duration the listener is either challenged or taken somewhere beyond reality. Our Favorite 20 EPs of 2018 features extended players that took us to well beyond the stars and into fantasy realms. They made us dance and cry, lifted our spirits, and made us look upon our lives and that of others in a new light.
The list of 20 is below. Click on the individual EPs to be read how they moved us as well as to hear a few songs from these tremendous records. We’ve also included a little Spotify playlist for your listening pleasure in case you just choose to preview some tunes.
- Amasa Hines – Ivory Living Glass (self-released)
- boygenius – boygenius (Matador Records)
- Dahlia Sleeps – After It All (Olympia Records)
- The Dig – Moonlight Baby (Roll Call Records)
- Everyone You Know – Cheer Up Charlie (RCA Records)
- Everything Everything – A Deeper Sea (RCA Records)
- First Aid Kit – Tender Offerings (Columbia Records)
- Ghostly Kisses – The City Hold My Heart (self-released)
- Hatchie – Sugar & Spice (Ivy League Records / Double Double Whammy)
- Holy Golden – Sleepwalkers in the Milky Way (Wallflower Records)
- Minus the Bear – Fair Enough (Suicide Squeeze Records)
- No Violet – Faces (Leisure Records)
- Public Service Broadcasting – White Star Liner (PIAS Recordings)
- The Regrettes – Attention Seeker (Warner Bros. Music)
- Sam Valdez – Mirage (Nevado Records)
- Spielbergs – Distant Star (By The Time It Gets Dark)
- Waxahatchee – Great Thunder (Merge Records)
- Why Bonnie – Nightgown (Sports Day Records)
- YONAKA – Teach Me to Fight (Atlantic Records)
- Yumi Zouma – EP III (Cascine)
Share This Article On...
Follow The Revue On...