Two days ago, we shared our Favorite 20 EPs of the year. Today, we commence our look back at our Favorite 50 Albums of 2018, counting down the first 25. As we always do, the list is in alphabetical order.
As a reminder, we have not ranked the LPs nor use the term “Best” since both imply that we have listened to the millions of albums released this year across dozens of genres. Instead, these are the records that listened to during the year and continue to do so today. These left an everlasting mark on us.
Click on the individual albums to read the short descriptions and hear a few songs from these tremendous LPs. We’ve also included a Spotify playlist for your listening pleasure in case you just choose to preview some tunes.
- Ava Luna – Moon 2 (Western Vinyl)
- Belako – Render Me Numb, Trivial Violence (El Segell)
- The Beths – Future Me Hates Me (Carpark Records)
- Black Honey – Black Honey (self-released)
- Black Peaks – All that Divides (Rise Records)
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Wrong Creatures (Vagrant Records)
- Car Seat Headrest – Twin Fantasy (Hate Crime Entertainment)
- City Calm Down – Echoes in Blue (I OH YOU)
- Courtney Barnett – Tell Me How You Really Feel (Milk! Records / Mom + Pop Music / Marathon Artists)
- David Byrne – American Utopia (Nonesuch Records)
- Emma Ruth Rundle – On Dark Horses (Sargent House)
- Fickle Friends – You Are Someone Else (Interscope Records)
- First Aid Kit – Ruins (Columbia Records)
- Gabby’s World – Beast on Beast (Yellow K Records)
- Glen Hansard – Between Two Shores (Anti- Records)
- Gregory Alan Isakov – Evening Machines (Dualtone Records)
- Haggard Cat – Challenger (Earache Records)
- Hop Along – Bark Your Head Off, Dog (Saddle Creek Records)
- IAN SWEET – Crush Crusher (Hardly Art)
- Iceage – Beyondless (Matador Records)
- Idles – Joy as an Act of Resistance (Partisan Records)
- The Joy Formidable – AAARTH (Seradom)
- Julia Holter – Aviary (Domino Recording Co.)
- Khruangbin – Con Todo El Mundo (Matador Records)
Share This Article On...
Follow The Revue On...