Plenty of Ottawa-area performers playing Bluesfest today. Click on the performers’ name to get a fuller description. You can also check out the full list here.
The list below is, as always, in chronological order.
- Old Stereo kick off the Saturday edition of Bluesfest with their spirited funk-soul. See them on the River Stage.
- The alt-country and folk tunes of Kalle Mattson will sweep you away. Catch this emerging star now before the rest of the world discovers him. You can see Kalle on the Claridge Homes Stage.
- BlakDenim just released a new EP, Vanguard(en), which is just excellent. They’re not just another hip-hop band – they’re a marching hip hop band (well, they’re more than that). Catch what will be a fun show on the Black Sheep Stage.
- Silver Creek has been playing in this area for years, and they’ll be taking to the big, bad Bell Stage to get the crowd going with their rocking country style.
- On the other side of the Bluesfest grounds will be The Split. When they take to the Black Sheep Stage, make sure you have plenty of water because they’ll have you dancing in the mid-afternoon heat.
- Concluding the Ottawa portion is the energetic and always entertaining Mackenzie Rhythm Section. If you were looking to cool down when they play in Barney Danson Theatre, you might be mistakened because they’ll have you swaying in your seats, if not on your feet, with their brand of funk, soul, and jazz.
Stay hydrated Ottawa!
Follow The Revue On...
Share This Article On...